Customers today demand and expect to be connected everywhere, all the time, with the brands they are loyal to.
Omnichannel connections are a powerful way to deepen the relationships that brands have with their customers. An omnichannel approach to customer relationships lets brands meet customers where they are, on any device, in any time zone, and no matter the need.
Whether it’s an in-store interaction, a chatbot engagement online, or a website sale, each engagement matters.
To be effective, brands need seamless integration of information across channels. No matter how a customer interacts with the brand, the engagement should be consistent and draw on the same information and history.
A Dramatic Increase in Online Shopping
During and since the COVID-19 pandemic, online shopping has skyrocketed. E-commerce is projected to reach $6.3 trillion in 2023, up from $3.4 trillion in 2019, with projected growth to $8.1 trillion by 2026.
With so much growth in e-commerce, coupled with rising customer expectations, brands need solutions that create seamless, integrated experiences.
Using a solutions provider like Mitto to manage the communications complexities incumbent in omnichannel e-commerce is essential for success.
The key is to integrate data and omnichannel messaging in the main inflection points between customers and brands. Those core intersection points – sales, marketing, and customer service – are essential for successful customer engagement and retention.
However, all too often, the systems and data related to those three core functions are disconnected and disparate. An omnichannel communications solution allows your brand to manage all its key messaging interactions.
Building Infrastructure for Omnichannel E-Commerce Success
Building connections with your customers is the key to omnichannel e-commerce success.
Customers today connect and brands largely via mobile devices, especially smartphones. To forge those connections, brands need an omnichannel communication strategy that adds value, consistency, and opportunity with every interaction.
With so many digital channels available, it can be daunting to decide where to place communication resources. A comprehensive omnichannel software solution like Mitto will help you in these channels:
- SMS. To reach digital-first customers, SMS (text messaging) is a smart way to establish regular contact and alert customers to sales, deals, and new products. SMS campaigns are an effective way to send reminders and encourage customers to revisit your site, especially with personalized messages that acknowledge past purchases or engagements. It’s a non-intrusive way to gently nudge and provide values, with open rates as high as 98%, higher than email
- Social Media and Chat Apps. Connecting with your customers via social media and chat makes sense, allowing people to develop a community with your brand. It’s nearly impossible to be on every platform, so it’s important to understand which apps are most commonly used by your customers
- Chatbots. Chatbots use artificial intelligence to answer common customer questions and direct them to information, all using a natural conversation flow. Chatbots can reduce wait times and demand on customer service teams and solve customer issues quickly
To work effectively, you need a solution that includes SMS messaging, chatbots, and a social media strategy.
Integrating these functions with other business systems is a key element of an effective omnichannel e-commerce program. You want to be sure that your communications solutions connect data and information in various systems, including:
- Marketing Automation. You want an omnichannel solution that integrates seamlessly with your marketing functions, allowing for streamlined campaigns, real-time metrics, and personalization
- CRMs. Customer relationship management platforms are ideal sources for personalization, insights, campaign building, and communication tracking. Customer segments and messaging should be tagged and tracked as you launch communication strategies, including SMS messages sent and chatbot interactions
- E-Commerce Platform. An e-commerce company needs a dynamic platform that manages the website, product pages, inventory, payments, commerce, and sales metrics
Connecting with customers across channels opens incredible opportunities for your e-commerce business. Using the right solutions will allow you to engage customers no matter where they are.
Learn more about Mitto omnichannel solutions to see how to transform and turbocharge your e-commerce business.
- November 25, 2023
- November 25, 2023
- November 25, 2023
May 14, 2021
February 5, 2021
August 3, 2022